Tonight’s dinner was Rosemary and Thyme Roasted Shrimp. It’s one of my favorite ways to prepare shrimp – super fast and super delicious!
Shrimp provide major bang for the buck. Yes, they are more expensive per pound then say, boneless skinless chicken breast, but they are nutritious little bites! In my opinion, that makes them worth every penny. Shrimp are excellent sources of protein, 24 grams in a 4 ounce serving, and provide moderate amounts of omega 3 fatty acids, selenium, and B12. As always, look for wild caught shrimp and make your life easier, get peeled and deveined if possible.
Rosemary and Thyme Roasted Shrimp
- 4 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 10 sprigs of thyme
- 2 pounds of wild caught shrimp (we like Trader Joe’s frozen wild caught shrimp)
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
What to do:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a 9 x 13 baking dish, combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and thyme sprigs. Place the baking dish in the oven for 12 minutes or until the garlic is lightly browned. Add the shrimp to the baking dish, stirring to coat them in olive oil, and return it to the oven for another 8-10 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through (they will be pink and firm to touch). Remove from the oven and add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and sea salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and serve piping hot!
- If your cool with white rice (we are), it makes the perfect accompaniment for soaking up the olive oil broth from the shrimp. If you prefer to stay away from rice, shredded and steamed cauliflower makes a great rice substitute!
- I love this dish with a side of Spicy Roasted Broccoli. Bonus – the broccoli and shrimp roast at the same temperature and take the same time in the oven!
Yield 4-6 servings.Standard FTC Disclosure: This post may contain links to products that will earn me a small commission. The price is the same to you, but purchasing through these links will help to support this blog. Know that I will never recommend a product that I have not personally used and liked. This is so good... is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.