Mmm…avocados! You all know by now how much I LOVE avocados! I know I just posted a very similar recipe for Tuna and Avocado Salad not long ago. This is a very simple variation on that same meal! Sub out the tuna and lemon for salmon and lime, add a couple of dashes of Tabasco, and DELICIOUS!
Spicy Salmon and Avocado Salad
- 2 six ounce cans of boneless, skinless salmon (I like Trader Joe’s brand), drained
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- zest of one lime
- juice of one lime
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, diced fine
- Tabasco sauce (How much you use depends on how spicy you want the salad. I used about 10 dashes for a moderately spicy dish.)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mixed baby greens (optional)
What to do:
Combine all of the above ingredients in a bowl. Using a spoon or fork, gently break up the salmon into little pieces. The avocado will mash slightly, but you will still have some larger chunks dispersed throughout the salad. Check for seasoning – I used 2 pinches of sea salt and 3 grinds of pepper and it was perfect for our taste! Throw the salad on top of mixed baby or eat it straight out of the bowl! Scrumptious!
Yield 2 servings.Standard FTC Disclosure: This post may contain links to products that will earn me a small commission. The price is the same to you, but purchasing through these links will help to support this blog. Know that I will never recommend a product that I have not personally used and liked. This is so good... is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.