Are you guys ready for the one of the quickest and easiest recipes I’ve ever posted? These Strawberry Coconut Bites are the perfect little snack for the mid-afternoon blues or as a slightly sweet treat after dinner!
I love fresh strawberries, but I always try to buy them when they are in season and organic. Since Michigan is just now thawing out from the Polar Vortex, good strawberries are no where in sight. I was wandering the produce section looking for something to fill the berry craving and I noticed a whole shelf of freeze dried fruits and veggies. I had never really paid attention to them before, but now I was intrigued. I grabbed a bag of organic strawberries and these Strawberry Coconut Bites were the first thing I made with them.
I enjoy coconut in all forms, but lately I have been experimenting with coconut oil and coconut cream concentrate. Coconut cream concentrate can be very hard and crumbly at room temperature, so the addition of the coconut oil makes for a nice creamy and silky texture. Mix in the strawberries and you have the perfect little bite!
I whipped these up in no time and I think they would be a fun recipe to make with your little ones. You can obviously change up the freeze dried fruit and make several different flavors. A rainbow of colors will make any kid want to dig in, even the grown up ones!
- Place a handful of the strawberries in a spice grinder or mini food processor and process until powdered. Measure out 2 Tablespoons and set aside. Reserve any leftover powder for another use.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut cream concentrate and coconut oil together.
- Once they are melted and combined, remove the saucepan from the heat and add the strawberry powder.
- Gently whisk the strawberry powder into the coconut mixture, but try not to create a foamy texture.
- Once all the lumps are dissolved, transfer the mixture to a measuring cup with a pouring spout.
- Pour into silicone ice cube molds and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Remove the Strawberry Coconut Bites from the molds and store in the fridge. Enjoy!!