As you probably know by now, I love my slow cooker. A lot. And it makes me sad that it disappears for several months every summer, only making an appearance when I run out of Homemade Stock. Well, no more! I’ve run across so many summery slow cooker meals lately, that I think it will be hanging out my my kitchen countertop more often. And that makes me happy.
Let’s get to the recipes!
- The Best Homemade Stock – I think knowing how to make a good homemade stock is absolutely essential for any foodie or aspiring cook. This recipe couldn’t be easier to throw together. And the beauty of making stock in the slow cooker? You don’t have to watch it like a hawk, making minuscule adjustments to the stove burner to find a simmer!
- Crockpot or Oven Roaster Chicken for Fast Weekday Meals from Raising Generation Nourished – I love the idea of using your slow cooker to do the prep work for you! What an awesome idea to cook up a whole pastured chicken and then freeze meal portions for use later. This will definitely help get you out of the kitchen and into the sunshine! P.S. Save those bones for homemade stock!!
- Pineapple Pulled Pork from Mommypotamus – Pineapple makes me think of Hawaii. Hawaii makes me think of summer. Therefore, Pineapple Pulled Pork = Summer!
- Slow-Cooked Pineapple Pork Ribs from The Paleo Prize – Pineapple and ribs – need I say more!!
- Pineapple Chipotle Pork from Happy Healthnut – Pineapple and pork, this time with a spicy chipotle twist!
- Slow Cooker Citrus Pork from Balanced Bites – This dish looks like summer on a plate – yum!!
- Green Chili Pork from Oh Lardy! – 3 ingredients and 10-12 hours later you have dinner and plenty of leftovers!
- Slow Cooker Kalua Pig from Nom Nom Paleo – I can’t even count how many times I’ve made this recipe. It’s awesome. I could eat it everyday. Now go make it and enjoy.
- Carnitas Atop Yuca Cakes with Avocado Cream from Paleo Parents – Who doesn’t love carnitas? And it’s Auto-immune Paleo too!!
- Indian Style Pulled Pork from My Heart Beets – Another version of pulled pork, this time with an Indian twist! Have you ever wondered why people in warm climates tend to favor spicy foods? Here is your answer!
- Slow Cooker Curry Chicken from Whole Simple Life – An easy to throw together slow cooker meal. I love curry anything and this one looks simple and delicious!
- Creamy Coconut Green Chili Chicken Soup from Delicious Obsessions – The first line of this post talks about winter, but I think this soup would be great in the summertime too. The lime, cilantro, and green chilies give this soup a summery brightness and I’ll eat coconut any time of year!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikki Masala from Popular Paleo – Here is another Indian dish made in the slow cooker. This one doesn’t look super spicy, but you could certainly heat it up with a little extra red pepper flakes! I love cauliflower rice with these types of meals.
- Slow Cooker Fiesta Soup from Raising Generation Nourished – If properly prepared beans, rice, and corn are a part of your diet, this Mexican inspired soup will be right up your alley! So simple to throw together the morning of a busy weekday.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas from Holistically Engineered – Five ingredients and a slow cooker – talk about simple!
- Pulled Pineapple Chicken with Cauliflower Tortillas from Recipes to Nourish – More pineapple, this time with chicken and a cool looking recipe for cauliflower tortillas!
- Crock Pot Beef Fajitas from Stacy Makes Cents – Not in the mood for chicken? Try out this beef version for fajitas.
- Easiest Crock Pot Taco Meat from Delicious Obsessions – Did you know that you can throw raw ground meat and some spices into a slow cooker and get perfect taco meat? Me neither!! This makes a bunch and freezes well – bonus!
- Crock Pot Brats from Divine Health From the Inside Out – I love this idea! Slow cooking brats and veggies while you are at work and then coming home to a summertime meal on the deck or patio.
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef with Spicy Giardiniera from The Sour Path is the Sweetest – Served on a butter lettuce leaf and topped with homemade Giardiniera, this dish is summertime comfort food for sure!
- Salmon Head Soup from Rubies and Radishes – I love nose to tail eating and here, a beautiful broth is made from Salmon head and bones. I love fish and seafood in the summertime and this soup looks so refreshing!
Now go crank up your summertime jams and relax while your slow cooker does all the work!
Enjoy!!Standard FTC Disclosure: This post may contain links to products that will earn me a small commission. The price is the same to you, but purchasing through these links will help to support this blog. Know that I will never recommend a product that I have not personally used and liked. This is so good... is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.