So it’s the middle of April and it’s still snowing in Michigan. Now don’t get me wrong, I love snow. But if I can’t ski it or play in it, then it’s time to move to Spring! Even though it may not look like Spring outside my window, much of the rest of the country is well into warmer weather and therefore my grocery store it starting to come alive with fresh Spring produce. This week’s find was a bunch of beautiful radishes. I like them raw – tangy and crunchy. I love them roasted! My Simple Oven-Roasted Radishes are buttery, slightly zingy, and delicious.
I love buying root veggies like radishes and beets with the greens still attached. I think the root part stays fresher and more crisp. But the best part is that this is essentially a two for one deal. Those greens are edible!! And they are really tasty too! I’ve shared my favorite way to prepare beet greens in the past. Later this week, I will share a lovely Radish Greens Pesto, so clean up those greens and use them. Don’t be wasteful. I like to call this root to green eating – haha!
Simple Oven-Roasted Radishes are so easy to prepare and they only take about 20 minutes in the oven. We enjoyed them as a side for Coconut Fish Sticks, but they would be perfect with grilled chicken or salmon, pork tenderloin, or as a veggie plate filled with other roasted vegetables.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the radishes, fat of your choosing, and the salt and pepper to a bowl and mix well to coat the radishes with the fat and seasonings.
- Spread the radishes onto the baking sheet and place it into the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes they should be lightly browned. If you prefer them a little more brown, continue baking for another 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with the thinly sliced radish leaves.
What is your favorite Spring vegetable? Have you ever tried roasted radishes? Share you thoughts in the comments!
We have lots of fun in Instagram too! You can follow us here.