What perfect timing for me to receive a copy of The Splendid Scoop! Things are just starting to warm up here in Michigan and I can start dreaming of all my favorite summertime foods. And yes, ice cream is one of those foods! My friend, Jessica, from Delicious Obsessions just released her newest ebook and today I will be sharing a sneak peak of one of the yummy recipes, Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream (Dairy-free), as well as a review of the ebook, The Splendid Scoop.
This is a fun and very affordable ebook to get you in the mood for summertime treats! Let me peak your interest with a few teasers: Dark Chocolate Crunch Ice Cream, Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, Summer Berry Ice Cream Pie, Lemon Banana Coconut Shake, and the recipe I will share in a minute – Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream!
Okay, now that you’re hooked, let me tell you why this ebook rocks. All of the recipes in The Splendid Scoop are dairy-free and Paleo-friendly. The recipes are grain and gluten-free and can easily be modified for the autoimmune protocol. Each recipe uses a very small amount of sugar with the option of using coconut sugar if you prefer. She includes instructions for making ice cream both with and without an ice cream maker, so everyone can enjoy this ebook. I love the tips for homemade ice cream and smoothie success that are included as well – no more rock hard ice cream or watered down smoothies!
Before we get to the recipe, I want to let you know that Jessica is offering The Splendid Scoop for just $5.97! Worth every penny for the great tips alone, not to mention the recipes.
- 4 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 2-4 tbsp. fine organic cane sugar or coconut sugar (whiz it up in a food processor to make itextra fine)
- 1/8 tsp. granulated stevia powder (optional - add 1-2 extra tbsp. of sugar if you omit this)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract OR vanilla bean powder
- 1-2 tbsp. rum, vodka, etc. OR grass-fed gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
- Mix all the ingredients (except the cherries) together with a hand mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Chill completely, at least 4-6 hours, or overnight.
- Prepare according to your ice cream maker's instructions.
- About halfway through the churning time, add the cherries. That way everything doesn't sink to the bottom.
- No ice cream maker? No problem. Refer to the instructions on page 9. You'll want to add the cherries once the mixture starts to solidify. That way everything doesn't sink to the bottom.