Zucchini are one of my favorite summer vegetables. I enjoy the flavor of zucchini on it’s own, but I love it even more when it’s used in fun creative ways! Surely we have all used it in zucchini bread and maybe you have even made a batch of zucchini muffins. I love spiralizing zucchini into zoodles and topping it with savory sauces and delicious proteins. Looking for another way to use that abundant summer zucchini? Let’s make some Garlic and Herb Zucchini Chips!
Satisfying a desire for a crunchy snack without going overboard on something like nuts can be challenging on a gluten-free/Paleo diet. That’s why I love making chips out of vegetables. You get the crunch, but you also get some added nutrition in the form of vitamins and minerals from the vegetables. As a bonus, vegetable chips much less calorie dense so you don’t have to worry as much about over-indulging!
I’ve shared a recipe with you for Homemade Baked Vegetable Chips that I absolutely love. These are a similar in texture to potato chips since I use a selection of root vegetables to make them.
My go-to recipe for an amazingly flavorful and crunchy Kale Chip is my sister’s recipe. If you think you don’t like kale chips, try these and get back to me.
Today’s recipe for Garlic and Herb Zucchini Chips is just as delicious as these other veggie chip options. I seasoned them up with a little garlic and some Italian herbs. Feel free to change up the herbs used or just leave them out for a plain chip option. I used my dehydrator for this recipe because it does them best job of crisping up the zucchini.
- Place the olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt, and herbs in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the zucchini slices to the bowl and toss to coat each slice with some oil and seasonings.
- Lay the slices on the trays of your dehydrator, trying not to overlap them.
- Set your dehydrator for 135 degrees and let it go for 6-8 hours or until the zucchini are completely dried and crisp.
- Store in an airtight container.
We are also on Pinterest and post lots of fun recipes just like this one!