Here’s a quick side dish when you’re in the mood for a subtle Greek flavor with your meal. Zucchini, onion, and canned tomatoes come together in one saute pan for an easy accompaniment to your meat or fish!
Greek Vegetable Medley
- 2 large zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large sweet, yellow onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes (no salt added), drained
- 1 Tablespoon ghee or butter
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
What to do:
Heat the ghee or butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the zucchini and onions. Saute until zucchini are slightly softened and the onions are lightly browned. Add in the drained tomatoes, sea salt, black pepper, and oregano. Saute for another 4-5 minutes to throughly warm all of the vegetables.
Yield 4-6 servings.